It was A.C. Bhaktivedanta swami’s wish that individuals from all over the world visit Sri Dham Mayapur and spend a few days to benefit from the spiritual culture prevalent at the temple and cultivate their spiritual life.
BHAKTIVEDANTA GITA ACADEMY
The Bhaktivedanta Gita Academy seeks to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krishna as well as his devotees by providing different types of courses on Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam etc. that have been designed to help every one grow and mature in the Vedic literature.
Gita Patha Chakra is for connecting with spiritual mentors
Spiritual Tours are conducted by Gita Academy on a regular basis
The Bhaktivedanta Gita Academy is an integral part of The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). By getting connected to the Bhaktivedanta Gita Academy, one will be benefited of having an immense opportunity as we explore the Vedic scriptures to know about the living beings (Jiva), God(Ishvara) and their eternal relationship. Whether one is new to Bhagavata Dharma, or have been a faithful follower of Bhagavad Gita for many years, the Bhaktivedanta Gita Academy has systematic courses that will meet the necessary requirements to grow and combat all challenges in Krishna consciousness.
Our Room Services
Check out time: 8AM
Please note that on arrival, you are requested to produce any one of the following ID proofs in original at the reception
2) Aadhaar Card
3) Voter ID
4) PAN Card
5) Driving License
It is mandatory for everyone to strictly adhere to the following 4 regulative principles
- No Intoxication
- No Meat Eating
- No Gambling
- No Illicit Sex
Get In Touch With Us Now
For Accomodation/ Room Booking.
The purpose of these courses is to focus on equipping believers—new and mature, young and old—to be prepared to “defend the faith” and to provide answers for those who are inquiring about Gita. Learn how to address issues such as: ‘Iswar(The supreme personality of God Head), ‘Jiva’(Living entity), ‘Prakriti’(Material Nature), ‘Kala’(Time factor), ‘Karma’(activities) and world religions.
We seek to encourage the Devotees to apply devotional service in all aspects of life.
By the mercy of His Divine Grace, A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, the website has been launched to offer several spiritual courses for everyone.
Hope you take this golden opportunity.
Welcome To ISKCON, Mayapur
Mayapur is situated within the middle of the rivers Hoogly and Jalangi. It is one of the main of the nine islands of the Nabadwip Dham which is the Holy Appearence Place of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the golden and the most munificent incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the age of Kaliyuga. It is located at a distance of 130 kms from Kolkata and is well connected by roads and rail networks.
Sri Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir, situated in the World Headquarters of The International Society for Krishna Consciousness attracts devotees from all over the World. You can have wonderful darshanas of the magnificent deities of Pancatattva, Lord Nrisingha Dev, Srila Prabhupada and Radha-Madhav with the Gopis. This is a place flowing with devotion like no other place on Earth.
THE TEAM AT GITA ACADEMY
Laxmi Govinda Das
Director : Gita Academy
Bhabamrita Krishna Das
Sukirti Nitai Das
Partha Mitra Das
- Time-Schedule:Six plus one month.
- Course Materials:A 400-page text book based on the teachings of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is with discourses and exercises.
- First we give ads in newspapers to get people enroll for the course. Recently we are having candidates through acquaintances—those who have already done the course. We often set a book table in the temple to get new candidates.
- Willing candidates enroll themselves by sending donation through bank transfer or Online
- We send them course-materials by post, courier, email.
- The Candidates begin studying the books.
- Question-papers are sent to the candidates.
- Candidates send answer-scripts, which we review, evaluate and correct their misconceptions. The evaluated answer-scripts are sent to them.
- After three test exams we conduct a Final Exam through correspondence. The candidates have to secure minimum 40 % to get through the exam.
- This course is available in Hindiand Bengali
- The successful students are invited in a yearly five-day Gita Seminar.
- A Special Exam on the Bhagavad Gita is held here in Mayapur.
- In the seminar all the successful candidates are given gifts and certificates.
Deposit Course Fee Rs. -550 (we will send all documents by Resister post/ Courier service)
History of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was born in Mayapur in the town of Nadia just after sunset on the evening of the 23rd Phalguna 1407 Sakabda, the 18th of February, 1486, of the Christian era. The moon was eclipsed at the time of His birth, and the people of Nadia were then engaged, as was usual on such occasions, in bathing in the Ganga with loud cheers of “Haribol!” His father, Jagannatha Mishra, a brahmana of the Vedic order, and His mother, Sachidevi, a model good woman, both descended from brahmana families originally residing in Sylhet.
Mahaprabhu was a beautiful child, and the ladies of the town came to see Him with presents. His mother’s father, Pandit Nilambara Chakravarti, a renowned astrologer, foretold that the child would be a great personage in time; and he, therefore, gave Him the name Vishvambhara. The ladies of the neighborhood called Him Gaurahari on account of His golden complexion, and His mother called Him Nimai on account of the nimba tree near which He was born. Beautiful as He was, everyone loved to see Him every day.